Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Larson-Aldrich Dirty Dish Reduction Act


I'm not sure about the science but I believe it to be at least anecdotally true that the amount of dirty dishes generated in a day increases exponentially with the addition of each person to a household.

At our house we have enacted The Larson-Aldrich Dirty Dish Reduction Act.

The residents of the Larson-Aldrich household are most kindly requested to observe the following guidelines.

A.) Each resident is allowed one coffee cup, one water glass and one glass for other beverages per day.  These allotments must be reused for like beverages for the duration of the day.  Beer glasses are exempt.

2.) Measuring cups and spoons should be cleaned and returned to their homes after each use.

Z.) If it possible to reuse a dish for a similar food, e.g. an english muffin plate used for breakfast can be re-used for a sandwich at lunch (or as they say in Osaka 'sandwitch').

These guidelines are entirely voluntary but in the interest of harmony and joy all residents should attempt to follow them as often as possible.

2 comments:

Becki said...

Does my dad read this blog? Or is this a message to Kate? Or are you trying to pump yourself up? I'm not sure how to read this....

Granny D said...

He does not read my blog - this was an email i sent them. For some reason I thought it was clever and posted it. Maybe I am delusional as to my wit.....