Saturday, September 6, 2008

The View From Not There Part 1 - Shipley & Halmos



I am playing with the idea of blogging my thoughts as I check out the slides of the runway shows on www.style.com.

I watched the Shipley & Halmos show today.  On the women's side there was a lot of the same thing; shorts/skirt, tank, jacket-like thing.  I did like the orange minidress and the ivory dress at the end of the show. Overall the clothes were cute and flirty without being too girly but not extraordinary.

I was more impressed by the men's offerings.  Well tailored suits; I especially enjoyed the longer jacket in one of the slides.  And I loved, loved, loved the narrow too-long pants.  Such a relief after a couple of seasons of those horrific Thom Browne high-waters.

Gotta run to catch a couple more (virtual) shows before household chores.

No comments: