Friday, September 5, 2008

Safari Joe and Some of His Girls

Fashion Week starts today in New York and I am excited.  I plan to spend this rainy weekend watching slide shows of all the shows.  Speaking of fashion, Hubby (above) is quite the trendsetter (Click on the pic for a larger image). Actually the Granddaughters now call him Safari Joe.  I guess in fairness I have to say that he is normally a well dressed person but that day started out cool (hence the long pants) but by the time we reached the Bronx Zoo it was pretty hot (hence the rolled up long pants).  Even I can't explain the asymmetry of the socks.  Looks like a gang sign to me but I can't figure out what gang.  Anyway, I find this picture highly amusing and it demonstrates one of the reasons I love Hubby.  He is not afraid to be a bit out there and I think this is a great example.

3 comments:

Becki said...

I think the Safari Joe look will be all the rage next season!

PS I had always heard that the one pant-leg up one pant-leg down thing was some kind of prison code for if the guy was a top or a bottom (eek!) ? Maybe snopes knows....

Granny D said...

eeewwww!!! I heard it was some kind of gang sign. Maybe the socks thing is some secret geezer gang sign (geezer gang is his phrase, not mine)

Granny D said...

I just remembered I saw a pic on a street fashion blog of a guy with a scruffy linen shirt - which was okay but he had knickers (kind of Safari Joe-ish but below the knee) and FISHNET STOCKINGS!!!!!