Friday, April 10, 2009

FAIL!!! The Giant Souvenir Tee Shirt Project












UPDATE:  General consensus was that this was a FAIL.  Oh, well.  At least it didn't matter that there was egg dye on it before the night was done.


I was rooting around in a closet the other day looking for something and I found a couple of old men's XL souvenir tee shirts that I had come to own by various means.  I have all the shirts I need for chores and gardening so before I put them into the Goodwill bin I decided to see if I could improve them and make them into something that could actually be worn in public.

My first attempt is above.  The shirt in question is from a trip to Busch Gardens Williamsburg a dozen years ago.  I got the shirt to commemorate the fact that I was the only one not too scared to go on the roller coasters.  I removed the sleeves and neckband and and used double fold bias tape in co-ordinating colors as trim.

View 1 is as is.  Not sure I like the power rangers shoulders.

View 2 is layered over a long sleeve white tee and a black hoodie.  It's still cool here.  I think I will wear it to egg dyeing tonight.

The other shirt I found is purple (also XL) and says 'Support Your Local Feminist Bookstore' in white.  I'm thinking lace and/or ruffles.


No comments: